Skip to main content

Fat is not a bad word

Today I had the opportunity to teach my kids about self love. Im a fat girl (ya I said it), I was raised in a time not like today...where if you over a size 10 there no clothes for you at any regular store. If there were any clothes they were bright blue tweety bird t shirts, cuz ya know that’s what the obese need on them. Tweety fucking bird. If you were fortunate enough to have a parent that could afford specialty stores (fashion bug, avenue, honestly i can’t think of anymore...) then maybe you could get something decent. But fat chance if youre under 35, cuz there were no fun clothes. In this time I lived growing up big bond-ed it wasn’t cute, there was no pro fatty, no body positivity, and there was no anti bullying anything yet. I was teased mercilessly in elementary and into middle school. Not only for being fat, but also dressing not so cute (remember no husky sizes for girls), and lets not talk about my fro. At some point between 5 and 36 years old I’ve come to absolutely adore my self, inside and out (while also being my own harshest critic smh)! I wasn’t given good examples of women of ample girth (lol it’s funny cmon), my mother struggled with very low self esteem and that was passed on to me. I never ever want my kids, especially Sydney to ever feel like her body isn’t beautiful. I’m proud of my huge scar that reminds me my heart was fixed so I could be here today. I love my forehead lines because it reminds of how serious in thought I can be. Every stretch mark on my stomach is because I had babies in there. I believe when you love your bare body, it’s a freeing feeling. I love every jiggle, bounce and roll I have. Tonight I was able to show my children to love themselves and that’s where it all starts man.



Comments